Data science is an important interdisciplinary field with significant impacts on many aspects of the modern world, including government, industry, academia, and the general public. Transdisciplinary Research In Principles Of Data Science (TRIPODS) brings together the statistics, mathematics, and theoretical computer science communities to develop the theoretical foundations of data science through integrated research and training activities focused on core algorithmic, mathematical, and statistical principles.
The following projects are funded by this Phase I grant, which supports the development of small collaborative Institutes over three years.
- Foundations of Model Driven Discovery from Massive Data
Brown UniversityAug 6, 2018 to Aug 10, 2018
- Nonconvex Formulations and Algorithms in Data Sciences: A Workshop sponsored by TRIPODS Institutes at U. Wisconsin and U. WashingtonInstitute for Foundations of Data Science
University of Wisconsin–MadisonJul 30, 2018 to Aug 1, 2018
University of ArizonaMay 21, 2018 to May 24, 2018
- TRIPODS Institute for Optimization and Learning
Northwestern University, Lehigh University, State University of New York at StonybrookAug 13, 2018 to Aug 17, 2018
- Topology, Geometry, Data Analysis (TGDA@OSU)
Ohio State UniversityMay 21, 2018 to May 25, 2018
- Transdisciplinary Research Institute for Advancing Data Science (TRIAD)
Georgia Institute of TechnologyOct 8, 2018 to Oct 10, 2018